that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgment of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.
To be effective in your faith, you need to know and understand all that Jesus has done for you and placed within you. This may sound obvious but many believers are ineffective because they do not understand all that Jesus has done for them, and so they labour to get what they already have!
2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
Jesus through His death on the cross paid the price for everything. He once and for all, set us free from sin and all the things that were empowered by sin, like sickness and poverty and every other curse that would bring destruction in our lives. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and believe in His death and resurrection, we are born-again and set free in every area. At that point, everything we need is deposited within us, through Christ.
Understanding what we have, requires a renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2), the way we think and see the world. We must replace all our old ways of thinking, with God’s truth. We must acknowledge what Jesus has done and what we now have within us. This process is not automatic, many Christians while born-again, have not renewed their minds and so are still operating out of the same position of lack they were in, before they were saved.
We need to renew our minds as follows:
- God is a totally good God who only does good things to us (1 John 1:5, James 1:17)
- God has removed your sin from you and remembers it no more (Psalm 103:12, hebres 8:12)
- Your salvation is assured, in Jesus your citizenship is in heaven (John 5:24, Philippians 3:20)
- Your spirit is one with God’s Spirit and as such is perfect, free from sin and sealed by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17, Ephesians 1:13)
- You are 100% righteous before God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- You are a son/daughter of God, a member of the family (John 1:12, Romans 8:14)
- You are healed, Jesus paid the price for all healing, including physical healing (Isaiah 53:5, Matthew 8:16-17)
- You are prosperous, Jesus broke the curse of poverty, by becoming a curse for us (2 Corinthins 8:9, Galatians 3:13)
- You are blessed, through Jesus we have every blessing right now (Ephesians 1:3)
The fruit of the spirit, are the attributes of the Spirit of God and as such are present in your born-again spirit. You don’t need to hunt around trying to get this fruit from somewhere, you need to acknowledge it is there and thus release it to flow out of you.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
We already have everything we need to live a life of victory, let’s acknowledge this and start living from a position of strength!